05/27/2016 by Eileen Lanza 0 Comments
5 Day Destinations from Larchmont
Memorial Day has passed, and last year saw over 37 million travelers hitting the road for the holiday weekend. Need help planning your travel plans? Here are 5 nearby destinations for your mini-vacation any weekend:
1) Lake Arrowhead- Tucked away in the clouds of the San Bernadino Mountains, Lake Arrowhead is a quiet retreat away from the noisy city. This small community (pop. 12,424) sits at an elevation of 5100 feet, and well into the San Bernadino National Forest. The central Lake Arrowhead Village is a popular spot for tourists to shop, dine, play, and interact with the very friendly local residents. With recreational activities like plentiful shopping, water-skiing, boat tours, nature trails, and jr. carnival rides at lollipop park for the kids, you are sure to loose yourself in this quaint mountain town. I was there with my kids about 6 weeks ago and can not wait to go back. We even looked at Real Estate there!!
Lake Arrowhead Resort FABULOUS!
Lake Arrowhead Pinerose Cabins
2) Palm Springs- Approximately 2 hours east of LA, the resort city of Palm Springs, CA is a desert oasis. Whether you want to relax or get your adrenaline pumping, there is plenty to do here. The area is famous for its hot springs, relaxing spas, and world-class golfing- but there are also off-road tours, horseback riding, swimming, and rock climbing in nearby Joshua tree as well. Or you can catch a show and perhaps test your luck at one of several casinos in the area. Palm Springs is also famous for its mid-century modern architecture, so go ahead and sign up for a tour! We go at least once a year. Bonus- stop off at the cute town on Claremont on your way. (future post!)
Desert Riviera Hotel
Old Ranch Inn
Best Western Plus Las Brisas Hotel
3) San Diego- What finer way to spend a weekend than a trip to "America’s Finest City"? Try as you might, you will never be able to see everything San Diego has to offer in one weekend, so here are a few highlights- the world-famous Sand Diego Zoo, surfing at the sunny beaches of San Diego, exploring historic Old Town San Diego, and don’t forget to tour the numerous local craft breweries and wineries. I lived here for a few years and have a soft spot for La Jolla. We have also been looking at Real Estate here downtown TAKE THE AMTRAK! It rock!
Marriott Marquis San Diego Marina
BEST WESTERN PLUS Island Palms Hotel & Marina
Old Town Inn
4) Santa Barbara- Take a short drive up the scenic Pacific Coast Highway, and you will arrive in Santa Barbara, California. This popular resort destination is a favorite among SoCal residents. And it’s no wonder why- the average high temperature during the summer months is a comfortable 75 degrees in this picturesque coastal town. The walkable downtown area is not only a shopper’s paradise, but the gorgeous Spanish architecture is a treat for the eyes. Did I mention that it sits right on the Pacific Ocean? There are also plenty of parks, beaches, museums, wineries, and even a zoo to keep you entertained. And don’t forget to take a trip up to the old Santa Barbara Mission, which is a national historic landmark. We save SB for romantic trips
Harbor View Inn
Four Seasons Resort the Biltmore Santa Barbara
Holiday Inn Express Santa Barbara
5) Staycation- Don’t worry if you aren’t able to get away for the entire weekend- there is plenty to do right here in your own back yard! From downtown to the coast, Los Angeles is full of parks, beaches, hidden gems, and adventures. Perhaps you would like to explore some of the city’s many diverse neighborhoods. Take in the historic architecture of the homes in Hancock Park and grab a bite to eat in Larchmont Village. While you’re there, stop by the Larchmont Village Farmer’s Market and peruse the offerings from local venders. Or spend the day catching waves and rays at the beaches of Santa Monica and Venice.